When I first shot this I was still hiding the fact that I was pregnant! Now that I am out and It is public knowledge, I figured I’d share some of my favorite tips on how to hide the bump and/or dress up a bump in style! I have not officially ‘popped’ just yet but I can tell you – getting dressed every day is extremely challenging. I am extremely uncomfortable (all the time) and I just want to be in sweats or leggings (which is unfortunately, not reasonable!) I do find everyday casualwear is far easier to put together (hello big sweaters) compared to getting dressed for a night out.
Here are some of my tips for trying to make you feel like yourself again!
- Cinch your waist! Go for high waisted skirts or empire dresses to accentuate your shape but also allow your bump to shine
- Belts, Belts, Belts! I find belting ABOVE the bump is always the way to go – and will further accentuate your shape
- Play with Proportions – my outfit in this post explains this tip perfectly. I paired a fitted turtleneck (that I would NOT feel comfortable wearing without something loose to pair It with) with a voluminous skirt which and a belt to cinch my waist
- Heels!!!! This is an absolute must – I think they elongate your legs, make you feel confident and are the #1 biggest ‘must’ in terms of a night out
- Long Lean Lines – Try to always balance out your outfit with something elongating whether that be heels, a long cardigan, slim fitted midi dress with a cropped jacket or sweater on top
Also sharing all of the links to shop my look below! x A
Photography Hallie Geller